- A wide is called with both arms outstretched when the delivery is out of the reach of the batsman and he is unable to play a correct cricket shot.
- In the one-day game, we tend to narrow the range of the wides, particularly down the leg side.
- We try to encourage the bowlers to bowl straighter and to make it more entertaining for the crowd.
- It's important that the batsman can have a fair shot at it.
- The penalty is one run, with another delivery added to that over.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.